[vtkusers] How to use the method “AddObserver” that lies in the file “vtkObject.java”?(Java)

肥肥 sqsavage at tom.com
Sat Oct 30 13:14:09 EDT 2004

Hi,all

I am replant the example “annotatePick.tcl” using Java. But I don’t how to use the method “AddObserver” in java.

“AddObserver” method has three parameters. In C++, we can carry a function pointer as the second parameter, but in “vtkObject.java”, the method defined as follow:

public native int AddObserver(String id0, Object id1, String id2);

so what can I do to translate the real parameter to the second formal parameter?

The script of annotatePick.tcl as follow:
………………….
# Create a cell picker.
vtkCellPicker picker
    picker AddObserver EndPickEvent annotatePick
………………….
# Create a Tcl procedure to create the text for the text mapper used to
# display the results of picking.
proc annotatePick {} {
    if { [picker GetCellId]