[vtkusers] vtkQuadraticTetra cell data displaying bug in vtk 4.2.1

João Cunha jdc at lnec.pt
Wed Oct 27 03:43:02 EDT 2004

I got into similar trouble dealing with a data file including quadratic
hexahedrons some time ago and the suggestion from Mathieu Malaterre was
to use VTK from CVS.
I've not tried that yet hoping that version 5 will solve the problem.
May be the same problem exists with quadratic tetrahedrons.
João Cunha

stefano perticoni wrote:

> Dear vtkusers,
>
> I’m posting again the question about cell data visualization in meshes
> made of vtkQuadraticTetra since there were some errors in test data
> formatting of my last post.
>
> I’m using vtk 4.2.1 stable distribution and displaying cell data for
> meshes made of parabolic tetra is crashing the application while
> displaying point data is ok as you can see in attached image.
>
> You can find some files attached:
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------
>
> # Test program for displaying the mesh:
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------
>
> testVtkQuadTetra.tcl
>
> if you comment the point data visualization part and uncomment the
> cell data section the application is
>
> crashing:
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------
>
> # Test data for the test program:

> 2vtkQuadTetraWPDandCD.vtk
>
> This is a vtkUnstructuredGrid made of 2 parabolic tetra with
> associated point data and cell data.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano

João Duarte Cunha
Investigador-Coordenador
Director do Centro da Qualidade na Construção
jdc at lnec.pt