[vtkusers] Re: Embed vtkRenderWindow into a wxPythonFrame

Bryan Cole bryan.cole at teraview.com
Tue Oct 26 13:34:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:12:59 +0200, philippe.verney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does someone know how to embed a vtkRenderWindow into a
> wxFrame under Linux ?

The 'wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor' class from
module vtk.wx.wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor seems to work on both wxMSW
and wxGTK. This class actually subclasses wxWindow. It contains an
instance of vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor which can be used to trigger
VTK event.

> Furthermore, I can't use AddObserver command on my
> vtkRenderWindow() on Linux : it doesn't work.. I only can use
> AddObserver with my vtkRenderWindowInteractor...

Your using the wxWindows event system for events, so there's less need for
VTK events. You can trigger VTK events using the
vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor mentioned about.