[vtkusers] Embed vtkRenderWindow into a wxPythonFrame

philippe.verney philippe.verney at laposte.net
Tue Oct 26 13:12:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

Does someone know how to embed a vtkRenderWindow into a
wxFrame under Linux ?
I have no problem to do that on Microsoft Windows XP using
this code :

self.renWin3D = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
self.renWin3D.SetParentInfo( str( self.panel1.GetHandle() ) )

It works very well on MS Windows : VTK windows is embeded and
I can use interactor very easily...
I'd really like to do the same on Linux...

Furthermore, I can't use AddObserver command on my
vtkRenderWindow() on Linux : it doesn't work.. I only can use
AddObserver with my vtkRenderWindowInteractor...

I have already seen messages about this problem but no answer
: is there any???

Regards
Philippe