[vtkusers] image viewing slowdown?

rharder at uiuc.edu rharder at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 20 23:26:40 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am wondering what the standard operating procedure is for
sending a new array down a pipeline.  I've found, using vtk4.2
python, and wxPython, that things run fine if a have a separate
pipeline, up to the renderwindow, for each array.  i just remove
one renderer and add another to see a different image.  If i have
just one pipeline, and send a new array through vtkImageImport, things
slow down (zoom, pan, rotate) after a few arrays have been cycled
through.  They still show up fine, but like a said, things slow
down.
Any thoughts?
Ross

Here is what I have.
pseudo code:
ii=vtkImageImport()
id=ii.GetOutput()

lut=vtkLookupTable()
lut.SetNumberOfTableValues(256)
lut.Build

in2c=vtkImageMapToColors()
im2c.SetLookupTable( lut )
im2c.SetInput( id )

ia=vtkImageActor()
ia.SetInput( in2c.GetOutput() )

ren=vtkRenderer()
ren.SetActor( ia )

to send data i do
ii.CopyImportVoidPointer( pointer, size )

That's actually another point, ii.SetImportVoidPointer(pointer)
doesn't seem to work in python.