[vtkusers] 'Undefined Reference' Error Message

Jeremy Stout stout.jeremy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:12:49 EDT 2004

If I use those commands, here is what I get:

[stout at energy stout]$ cd /usr/local/lib/vtk
[stout at energy vtk]$ nm libvtkParallel.so| c++filt| grep vtkMPIController::New
0016db2c W vtkMPIController::NewInstanceInternal(void) const
0016db50 W vtkMPIController::NewInstance(void) const
00107000 T vtkMPIController::New(void)
[stout at energy vtk]$ nm libvtkGraphics.so| c++filt| grep vtkConeSource::New
001dcb34 W vtkConeSource::NewInstanceInternal(void) const
001dcb58 W vtkConeSource::NewInstance(void) const
000d5df0 T vtkConeSource::New(void)

It has been about a month since I compiled VTK, but I believe I
included MPI support.

Jeremy Stout