[vtkusers] Static library problem

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 20 04:31:28 EDT 2004

Hi Mirelle,
Read carefully the errors :
unresolved external symbol "public: float __thiscall FTFont
unresolved external symbol "public: static class FTLibrary * __cdecl
(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FTFont
=> FTFont, FTLibrary, ...
Did you include vtkfreetype.lib and vtkftgl.lib ?

Mirelle Mellqvist <mirelle_mellqvist at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!
I decided a while ago to use static libraries with vtk (earlier I used
dynamically linkend) and I have had a few examples working with the static
libraries. I am using Visual studio .net and I am pretty sure that I have
included all the libraries in a correct way. Now when we started working on
a new project I keep getting these errors that I don't understand.
I have looked through the mailing list for problems of the same kind, but no
luck there. So therefor I decided to send out an e-mail in hope that someone
else ran into this problem.
Please let me know if you know what I am missing out on. Here are my errors:

Compiling resources...
Linking...
vtkRendering.lib(vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol "public: float __thiscall FTFont::Advance(char
const *)" (?Advance at FTFont@@QAEMPBD at Z) referenced in function "public:
virtual void __thiscall vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper::GetSize(class
vtkViewport *,int * const)"
(?GetSize at vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper@@UAEXPAVvtkViewport@@QAH at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall FTFont::BBox(char const
*,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &)"
(?BBox at FTFont@@QAEXPBDAAM11111 at Z) referenced in function "public: virtual
void __thiscall vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper::GetSize(class vtkViewport *,int
* const)" (?GetSize at vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper@@UAEXPAVvtkViewport@@QAH at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: static class FTLibrary * __cdecl
FTLibrary::GetInstance(void)" (?GetInstance at FTLibrary@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced
in function "public: struct FT_LibraryRec_ * * __thiscall
vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetLibrary(void)"
(?GetLibrary at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEPAPAUFT_LibraryRec_@@XZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FT_Set_Transform referenced in function
_vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesFaceRequester
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FT_New_Memory_Face referenced in function
_vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesFaceRequester
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_Done referenced in function "private: void
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::ReleaseCacheManager(void)"
(?ReleaseCacheManager at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@AAEXXZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FTFont::FaceSize(unsigned
int,unsigned int)" (?FaceSize at FTFont@@QAE_NII at Z) referenced in function
"public: struct vtkFreeTypeUtilities::Entry * __thiscall
vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetFont(class vtkTextProperty *,double * const)"
(?GetFont at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEPAUEntry at 1@PAVvtkTextProperty@@QAN at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: __thiscall FTGLPixmapFont::FTGLPixmapFont(void)"
(??0FTGLPixmapFont@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: struct
vtkFreeTypeUtilities::Entry * __thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetFont(class
vtkTextProperty *,double * const)"
(?GetFont at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEPAUEntry at 1@PAVvtkTextProperty@@QAN at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: static void __cdecl
FTLibraryCleanup::AddDependency(void (__cdecl*)(void))"
(?AddDependency at FTLibraryCleanup@@SAXP6AXXZ at Z) referenced in function
"public: __thiscall
vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesCleanup::vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesCleanup(void)"
(??0vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesCleanup@@QAE at XZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_CMapCache_New referenced in function "private: void
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::InitializeCacheManager(void)"
(?InitializeCacheManager at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@AAEXXZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_ImageCache_New referenced in function "private: void
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::InitializeCacheManager(void)"
(?InitializeCacheManager at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@AAEXXZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_New referenced in function "private: void
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::InitializeCacheManager(void)"
(?InitializeCacheManager at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@AAEXXZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_LookupSize referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetSize(unsigned long,int,struct
FT_SizeRec_ * *)"
(?GetSize at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKHPAPAUFT_SizeRec_@@@Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_LookupFace referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetFace(unsigned long,struct FT_FaceRec_ *
*)" (?GetFace at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKPAPAUFT_FaceRec_@@@Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_CMapCache_Lookup referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetGlyphIndex(unsigned long,char,unsigned
int *)" (?GetGlyphIndex at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKDPAI at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_ImageCache_Lookup referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetGlyph(unsigned long,int,unsigned
int,struct FT_GlyphRec_ * *,int)"
(?GetGlyph at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKHIPAPAUFT_GlyphRec_@@H at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FT_Get_Kerning referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetBoundingBox(class vtkTextProperty *,char
const *,int * const)"
(?GetBoundingBox at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHPAVvtkTextProperty@@PBDQAH at Z)
Release/WinApp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 17 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Mirelle\20041019\WinApp_Peter\Release\BuildLog.htm"
WinApp - 18 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Kind regards,
Mirelle Mellqvist

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL
My VTK blog : http://aurelien_regat-barrel.blogspot.com

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Créez vos avatars, envoyez des audiofuns et découvrez toutes les autres nouveautés. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !