[vtkusers] Zooming an Image

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Mon Oct 18 13:14:22 EDT 2004

Note that in order for Zoom() to work, you will need to display the
image with a vtkImageActor, not a vtkImageMapper, since Zoom only
impacts the appearance of 3D actors.

Also, rather than Zoom, it is better to do this:
camera->ParallelProjectionOn()
camera->SetParallelScale(imagesize/zoom)

For viewing images (as opposed to viewing 3D scenes), parallel projection
is better than perspective projection.

 - David