[vtkusers] What is the correct way to use vtkAxisActor2D SetRange

Burlen Loring burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Sat Oct 16 20:56:45 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am using python.

I have positioned the axis objects to be along side of my contour plots. In
this case the axis is a vertical one.

When I use the SetRange of the AxisActor2D what I get doesn't corespond to
what I sent in as the range. I call set range with the output of GetBounds().
for example:

SetRange(-15.26998233795166, 14.528364181518555)

and I get -20 to 20 on the screen.

This is a problem since I have positioned the axis actor so that it is the
same length as the plot and the plot bounds are -15 to 14.

The behavior of the horizontally positioned one is similar but the output
range is not the same even though the call to SetRange has the same
arguments.

Does any one know how to use these actors to provide axis to a plot??