[vtkusers] Human Visible Project Data and VTK

Nathaniel Gonzalez ngonzalez at rcm.upr.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:14:34 EDT 2004

Hi:

I have read the VTK User Guide and the ITK Software guide. I have been
trying to load the data from the Human Visible Project. I have been able
to display other types of data. Right now I'm just interested in loading
and displaying the ct image. The only information that I have is that
the files are named c_vm.1012 to 2893 and:

Anatomical Area:  TOTAL BODY
The full set of normal CT male images.

Type image: GE CT, Zeus
  Normal CT.

Frame size:  512,512
  Specifies the image size (width, height) in pixels.

Pixel size: SEE FILE HEADER,,
  Specifies the pixel size (width, height, separation) in millimeters.

Image format:  GE 16 BITS, Compressed
  Unix compressed, use "uncompress [filename]" to restore.

Header size:  3416
  The header block size in byte

I am new to image programming, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have tried several reader and vtkVolume16Reader without any luck. I
don't want to do anything fancy to start just display a single slide or
load the data volume.

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Programmer
CIAR-RCMI