[vtkusers] adding a member method to a vtk class

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Wed Oct 13 19:30:59 EDT 2004

The best method is to derive from the class and add in your methods. Use
VTKLocal as the repository for your class if it is of general applicability
to other projects that you may be writing.

In this way if vtkImageReader changes, a simple recompilation of VTKLocal is
all that is necessary.

Works well for Windows and Linux. This also has the advantage that you can
write test routines and also put them into VTKLocal.

Andrew