[vtkusers] adding a member method to a vtk class

listboss listboss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:27:37 EDT 2004

Hi

I have added a member function to vtkImageReader class. This new
function needs methods which are available in myclass.cpp

To compile my modified vtkImageReader class, first I tried to add
myclass.cpp to the CMakeList.txt file located in IO folder, but the
linker complained about a missing instantiator !!! :(

I removed the file from CMakeList.txt and I opened VisualStudio .Net,
right clicked on IO and selected "Add New Class" and then I added
"myclass.cpp" to "IO".
It compiles fine but my question is "Is it right way of doing this ?"

Am I gonna see problems because how I am doing this, or it's just fine ?
How should I do this if I want to compile VTK under Linux ?

Thanks in advance
Hamid