[vtkusers] getting reasonable results from vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

Michel Audette m.audette at aist.go.jp
Wed Oct 13 09:50:06 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm using vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter, with
SetExtractionModeToAllRegions(), and the number of extracted regions seems
quite high to me. For a brain surface, I'm expecting more or less one
connected surface, but I'm getting 200 regions. Is this the right function
to use to obtain the number of connected vtkPolyData surfaces? Is there a
parameter I should be setting, or a better function to use?

Cheers,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.,
Research Fellow, Surgical Simulation,