[vtkusers] about vtkVolumeShearWarp

"Johannes Käfer" jak4.scr at gmx.net
Sat Oct 9 11:29:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

Before I get to your real question I have to inform you about a few things:
1) This ShearWarp implementation is not very good. It has view/geometric
errors. I tried it on my own and I won't be able to use it.
2) I mailed with one of the original authors and he told me not to use it.
It should have never been integrated into the vtk-CVS. He believes that the
current RayCasting in vtk is more accurate (true) and even faster (I think
they are equal).

So in any case there is no need for this ShearWarp Implementation. If there
is another implementation which actually works and is faster than RayCasting
I would be enlighted to here about it.

Now to your real question. I'm almost certain that you did not include the
vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper.cxx in the make File. Please have a look at the
attached CMakeList.txt which contains the vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper class,
marked with #ShearWarp.

best regards
  Johannes

--