[vtkusers] Please Help: Problem to display 2D image in volumeusing vtkActor/vtkPlaneSource

Thomas - Kuiran Chen chent at cs.queensu.ca
Fri Oct 8 11:18:29 EDT 2004

Hi Andre,

For that question, unfortunately, I didn't get any reply from the VTK group.  Seems like not too much people are interested in that particular appliation, :-).

So I finally I got my own solution to it after trying numerious methods.  My solution was not using the vtkPlaneSource because the transform for it never got right.  Instead, I converted the 2D image from vtkImageData to the vtkPolyData and created another vtkActor specific for that image, then displayed it with the proper transform.

It worked fine for me.  I think vtkPlaneSource  is supposed (or designed) to be a ideal and elegant way to handle this, but somehow it has bugs.

Are you also working on displaying a 2D ultrasound slice inside a ultrasound volume?

Hope it helps and Good Luck!

Thomas Kuiran Chen

The Image Analysis Laboratory
School of Computing