[vtkusers] Re: vtkMath::Jacobi in Tcl/Tk

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 8 08:50:12 EDT 2004

Hi Luca,

vtkMath::Jacobi is not wrapped by the tcl wrappers so is not available...
the wrappers dont wrap methods with arrays as arguments. If you have the vtk
source and want to code some c++ you could write a Jacobi method that takes
a few vtkDataArray as arguments.

Alternatively, you could code a jacobi algorithm in tcl... here's a linear
algebra package in tcl that you may get some ideas from
http://www.hume.com/la/

hth

Goodwin

"Luca Pallozzi Lavorante" <lucapl at rc.unesp.br> wrote in message
news:41659A12.7060906 at rc.unesp.br...
Hi everybody,
I´d like to use the vtkMath´s Jacobi method in a Tcl/Tk script, but I
don´t know how to pass it the proper arguments.
In the documentation I´ve seen that in C++ I´d use the following:

    vtkMath::Jacobi (  float **    /a/, float *    /w/, float **    /v/ )

which I have successfully tested.

|But how to do it in Tcl/Tk?

Thanks for any help.

   Luca P. Lavorante