[vtkusers] How to debug a vtk class (single step in code)?

Per R. Andresen pra at trivision.dk
Wed Oct 6 19:27:41 EDT 2004

Dear VTK users,

I've wrote a VTK class and would like to single step (debug) the Execute()
function in debug-mode. It's possible to set breakpoints, but the
breakpoints change to "question marks" (meaning "A breakpoint cannot be set
because the code at this location is not loaded") when running the program.

I'm running on Win XP using MS Visual Studio 2003 .net and compiled VTK
(4.4) with shared libs. It should be possible to single step in DLL's
according to the Visual Studio manual but apparently not VTK classes. Is
this due to the VTK object factory? If so, how does one debug VTK classes
(hopefully not with print statements:-))?

Thanks in advance,

Per