[vtkusers] vtkPDataSetWriter Question

Jeremy Stout stout.jeremy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:48:58 EDT 2004

Hello, I am working with an unstructured grid that contains several
hundred thousand cells. I would like to partition this grid and store
it in vtk's parallel file format.  Looking through the Parallel
folder, I came across a class named vtkPDataSetWriter.  The class
seems to offer methods for writing an unstructured grid in the
parallel format and for setting the number of pieces it should be
broken into.  What I am wondering is whether this class will
intelligently partition my grid or if I need to do that myself. Any
help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Stout