[vtkusers] Re: picking twice on imageactor? -- CORRECTION

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Oct 4 08:47:24 EDT 2004

Hi Maitland,

This has been a bug in the tcl bindings to vtkTk(ImageViewer/Render)Widget
for a while... see this bug report
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=637&pos=0. The problem is that
a VTK CharEvent is being fired on each tcl KeyPress and KeyRelease event.

There is a patch in the bug report against
/vtk/wrapping/vtkinteraction/bindings.tcl that corrects the bug. It changes
the behaviour to only fire a CharEvent on a KeyPress.

hth

Goodwin

"Lederer, Maitland" <mlederer at foster-miller.com> wrote in message
news:948A5EDF684ECD4A94C5120EABD66CA903549EE8 at b1srvmail.foster-miller.com...
Hey all-

I'm a big fat liar.  vtkPropPicker doesn't do anything when I try to
pick on parts of the space without Props.

My guess is that it's picking the front and back surfaces of the
ImageActor.  Is there a way to keep it from doing this?

Thanks,
-m