[vtkusers] Re: progressive tetrahedral mesh

Toon Huysmans denhuys at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:08:46 EDT 2004

Hi Matthias,

        in that post I was looking for something different, a progressive
"tetrahedral" mesh. My
        mesh consisted out of tetrahedrons instead of triangles and
vtkDecimatePro does not
        support that.

        For your question: Since you want access to each step in the
progressive transition, i
        suppose you want to do some processing on the mesh.  In that case
you have to keep
        in mind that vtk is a visualization toolkit and that processing of
your data should be done
        in your own class-library, once the processing is done you can pass
the result to vtk
        and visualize it.

        There are some libs available for progressive meshes, for example
OpenMesh (which I use):

            http://www.openmesh.org

        Writing a filter that converts a OpenMesh-mesh to  vtkPolyData is
easy....

        Hope this helped

Toon.