[vtkusers] Units associated with data?

Charles Boivin cb at rwdi.com
Mon Nov 29 12:12:36 EST 2004

Hello all,

I was trying to find a way to associate some units with data arrays
that I read in. For example, when displaying displacement data, it would
be useful to also display in which units this displacement is. I see
that vtkDataArray has support for a title (which I use to also display
units at the moment, using something like "Displacement (mm)"), but
nothing for units.

Is there a particular reason for this? Is this a feature that is
planned eventually? I did try to search on this topic first, but came up
empty-handed.

Thank you,

Charles