[vtkusers] Observer for vtkActors?

Adrian Wyssmann wyssa1 at hta-bi.bfh.ch
Thu Nov 25 02:02:40 EST 2004

Thanks Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean McInerney [mailto:seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Donnerstag, 18. November 2004 21:31
To: Adrian Wyssmann
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Observer for vtkActors?

Hi Adrian,

   vtkActor never fires a LeftButtonPressEvent which can be passed to its
Observers. I think that the only events that you can catch from vtkActor are
DeleteEvent, ModifiedEvent, and PickEvent ... obviously, the closest to your
needs is PickEvent. Maybe a VTK Subject-Observer guru could expand on this.

Good luck!

-Sean