[vtkusers] Re: how to visualize a color volume

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Tue Nov 23 04:15:22 EST 2004

Hi,

we are also trying to do this,
we wanted to use the set independent components ON function in
vtkRayCastMapper
but it is not longer in the code,
despite being in the documentation...!!!!

This looked like it would treat the RBG channels of a colour dataset
individually as true colours,
and then you also need some alpha channel to use as the opacity
function perhaps.

any Ideas Lisa A?

Dan

On 23 Nov 2004, at 09:43, vtkusers-request at vtk.org wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:17:19 +0800
> From: Yixun Liu <yxliu at fudan.edu.cn>
> Subject: [vtkusers] how to visualize a color volume
> To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
> Hi vtkusers,
>
> I have a 112*128*300 color image and I want to use vtk to visualize
> it. Anybody tell me how to visualize a color volume?
> Thank you in advacnce!
>
> Best regards,

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology, Ambiotica C242
Department of biological and environmental science
PO Box  35
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä FIN 40014
Finland