[vtkusers] Does ->Delete() free all resources?

Andrew Wilford andrew at artwork.com
Mon Nov 22 13:14:33 EST 2004

Hi,

My question is about the use of ->Delete() and what resources it frees up.

I have written an app which generates VTK data when a file is opened. When I
re-open files, it seems I can not always free all the resources (according
to Windows Task Manager). I have read a little about setting some values to
NULL, like RenderWindow etc.

In general, what is the correct way to free pipeline resources for
regeneration when a new file is opened? I am using polydata and the standard
renderer, interactor, actor, mapper pipeline.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Wilford