[vtkusers] Why the UnsatisfiedLinkError happened about vtkRenderingJava.dll.

Savage sqsavage at tom.com
Mon Nov 15 12:07:49 EST 2004

Hi, all.

I am using vtk42. My OS is WinXP professional + SP2. My tools is JBuilder2005.When I compile the example named cone.java, the following error occurred:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtkRenderingJava.dll: Can't find dependent libraries at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
I had copy all the DLL files in the directory of ‘vtk42\bin’ to the C:\Windows\system32.

I installed the vtk in F:\VTKLearning\vtk42, and JBuilder2005 in F:\HeavyWeapons\Borland\JBuilder2005.

How can I correct this error?

Maybe I should set sth the environment variables. But there are two: user variables and system variables. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.