[vtkusers] Extract connected components -> single images -> volume

Michnay Balázs michnay at freemail.hu
Mon Nov 15 02:50:14 EST 2004

Dear VTK Users,
I have spent many time trying to solve my problem but I couldn't find a
solution. What my problem is:

I have an binary vtkImageData (which I use as a mask).
What I'd like to do is to extract all the connected components (from the
masked image) as single images to build a volume from them.

It doesn't seem something impossible but I don't know how to do this.
There must be a way...
I tried vtkConnectivityFilter but GetNumberOfConnectedRegions()
always returns 1. If I set ColorRegion() to TRUE the whole image
becomes red, so the only one extracted region is the whole image...
Can I use vtkConnectivityFilter to extract the regions or do I need to
use another class?

If someone has done similar things before, please help, I'm stuck at
this point.
Thanks a lot in advance,
All the best,

 MB