[vtkusers] CMake error:variable CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN that has not been defined

lsy cncadcam at 163.com
Sat Nov 13 07:50:44 EST 2004

    Hi,every one.When I use cmake to generate dsw for vtk utility expat, after i hit "config" in the cmake window, i met the following error window:
    cmake error: an attempt was made to access a variable CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN that has not been defined. Some Variables were already defined by cmake in versions prior to 1.6. to fix this you might need to set the cache value of CMAKE_BACKWORDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less. if you are writting a cmakelist file,(or have already set CMAKE_BACKWORDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less) then you probably need to include a cmake module to test for the feature this variable defines.

    Is there anyone who can help me, I am crying for help!

    Thanks in advance.

    Siyan