[vtkusers] Centroid of a surface

Dr Zeto dr_zeato at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 13:09:52 EST 2004

Hi,
I want to compute the centroid of a closed surface.
Apparently, the mean of the vertices of the
triangulated mesh does not work. For instance, if the
surface is that of a horse, we have more triangles
around the legs and the face, where we need more
detail. While the rest of the torso has significantly
fewer triangles. Hence, the centroid computed from the
above method is biased towards the legs and the face.

Is there a class to remesh the surface, so that the
size of triangles is the same or about the same
everywhere? Or how can I approach this problem?
Thanks
Zeato