[vtkusers] transparent part of DataSet according to attribute data

Michael Hilbinger mediode at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 08:59:16 EST 2004

Hello!
I have a vtkDataSet with associated AttributeData. The AttributeData
represents the distribution of a phase in the geometry. I would like to
display the geometry with parts transparent according to the value of the
AttributeData -> obtaining the 3D-distribution of the phase in the
geometry. I tried to perfom this via a LookupTable and a AlphaValue of 0
for the appropriate value, but the result is not very convincing. Only the
dsitribution on the outer surface of the geomtry is mapped/rendered
correctly and no information about what's happening "inside". I already
pondered upon a combination with vtkContourFilter, but that failed also.
Can anybody help?
Best regards
m.