[vtkusers] renderwindow is blank, actor does not appear after first time

Josh Snyder jsnyder at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 9 14:54:20 EST 2004

Hi,

When I write a simple application or even run one of the tests, such as
Cylinder.tcl, it works fine the first time, and fails subsequent
attempts at running it. The renderwindow will appear, but it will be
blank (solid black w/ Cylinder.tcl, solid white with my own test
applications). The cylinder does not appear, and keypresses and mouse
interaction have no noticeable effect, except that the q key quits. This
happens every time I try to run it after the first time, until I logout
or until some varying amount of time has passed. Usually if I try again
after about 10 or 15 minutes, it works once, then fails, but sometimes
it seems to require a logout or at least longer than I'm willing to wait.

I have another application that uses vtk, qt, and Carsten Kuebler's
vtk_qt package (which uses its own RenderWindow, RenderWindowInteractor,
and PolyDataMapper classes). That seems to work fine.

Does anybody have an idea what my problem might be?

Thanks,

Josh