[vtkusers] Re: segmentation application

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Nov 8 13:15:25 EST 2004

Hi Ruby,

Have a look at:

Slicer http://www.slicer.org (vtk/tk based)
Julius Light http://www.julius.caesar.de/4000/4200.html (vtk/qt based)
ITK apps http://www.itk.org/HTML/Applications.htm

If you have too much funding and want a commercial app: http://www.materialise.com/mimics/main_ENG.html

hth

Goodwin

  "Ruby Shamir" <rubke at cs.huji.ac.il> wrote in message news:000001c4c57a$955bcd40$2d284184 at cas05...
  Hi all,

  A friend of mine which works in mechanical laboratory works on femur simulation and needs the next information to be extracted from a femur bone CT scan:

  bones outer layer (set of x,y,z),

  bones inner layer (set of x,y,z),

  cortical bone (set of x,y,z,intensity)

  trabecular bone (set of x,y,z,intensity)

  I spent two weeks trying to help him.

  It seems I got the outer layer properly, but in several scans an Orthopedic Doctor claimed I missed (by several pixels).

  I can not spend any more time for him (I have my own thesis to work on too.).

  Does anyone know good software for segmentation which can give reliably the required data?

  (He must have any bone pixel and its intensity reliably)

  Thanks,

  Ruby

  Ruby Shamir

  Medical Image Processing and Computer-Assisted Surgery Laboratory, School of Computer Science and Engineering,The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel

  Phone: +(972)-2-658-5371 (labratory)

  E-mail: rubke at cs.huji.ac.il

  WWW site: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~rubke