[vtkusers] segmentation application

Ruby Shamir rubke at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Nov 8 05:06:15 EST 2004

Hi all,

A friend of mine which works in mechanical laboratory works on femur
simulation and needs the next information to be extracted from a femur
bone CT scan:

bones outer layer (set of x,y,z),
bones inner layer (set of x,y,z),
cortical bone (set of x,y,z,intensity)
trabecular bone (set of x,y,z,intensity)

I spent two weeks trying to help him.

It seems I got the outer layer properly, but in several scans an
Orthopedic Doctor claimed I missed (by several pixels).

I can not spend any more time for him (I have my own thesis to work on
too.).

Does anyone know good software for segmentation which can give reliably
the required data?

(He must have any bone pixel and its intensity reliably)

Thanks,

Ruby

Ruby Shamir
Medical Image Processing and Computer-Assisted Surgery Laboratory,
School of Computer Science and Engineering,The Hebrew University of
Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Phone: +(972)-2-658-5371 (labratory)
E-mail: rubke at cs.huji.ac.il
WWW site: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~rubke