[vtkusers] does there exist a XYZPlotActor

Burlen Loring burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Thu Nov 4 21:44:53 EST 2004

You could use the axis actor 2d, but you have to set the position coordinate
system to world.

here is an example.
I am using python, and tk

############
# add axes #
############
ax = vtk.vtkAxisActor2D()
ax.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
ax.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetValue(0,0,0)
ax.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
ax.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetValue(10,0,0)
ax.SetRange(0,10)
ax.GetProperty().SetColor(0,0,0)
ax.SetTitle("X")

ay = vtk.vtkAxisActor2D()
ay.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
ay.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetValue(0,0,0)
ay.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
ay.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetValue(0,10,0)
ay.SetRange(0,10)
ay.GetProperty().SetColor(0,0,0)
ay.SetTitle("Y")

az = vtk.vtkAxisActor2D()
az.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
az.GetPoint1Coordinate().SetValue(0,0,0)
az.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToWorld()
az.GetPoint2Coordinate().SetValue(0,0,10)
az.SetRange(0,10)
az.GetProperty().SetColor(0,0,0)
az.SetTitle("Z")