[vtkusers] How to get actual zoom-factor of vtkCamera?

Glen Lehmann glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca
Thu Nov 4 11:09:47 EST 2004

Hi Adrian,

vtkCamera->Zoom is a helper method to take care of the changes
necessary to "zoom", which depend on whether you're vtkCamera is
perspective or parallel (see code below).  This is always done relative
to the current ViewAngle/ParallelScale.

A GetZoom method could be confusing: is it relative to the initial view
angle, or last view angle, or etc ...

For your purposes you'll have to pick and initial reference for zoom
and calculate if from the ViewAngle/ParallelScale.

Cheers,
Glen

/
-----
// Change the ViewAngle (for perspective) or the ParallelScale (for
parallel)
// so that more or less of a scene occupies the viewport.  A value > 1
is a
// zoom-in. A value < 1 is a zoom-out.
void vtkCamera::Zoom(double amount)
{
   if (amount <= 0.0)
     {
     return;
     }

   if (this->ParallelProjection)
     {
     this->SetParallelScale(this->ParallelScale/amount);
     }
   else
     {
     this->SetViewAngle(this->ViewAngle/amount);
     }
}