[vtkusers] Cavity Filling + Morphological Opening

Stefan Wesarg stefan.wesarg at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 4 09:39:56 EST 2004

Hi Michnay,

At least the morphological opening is easy to implement....
 From the VTK documentation: "...vtkImageOpenClose3D performs opening or
closing by having two vtkImageErodeDilates in series...."

Regards,
Stefan

Michnay Balázs wrote:

>Dear VTK Users,
>I'd like to know whether I can perform
>
>- Cavity filling
>- Morphological Opening (Morphological Filtering)
>
>with VTK or do I need to write my own functions?

Dipl.-Phys. Stefan Wesarg

Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
Cognitive Computing and Medical Imaging (A7)
Fraunhoferstr. 5, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
email:	stefan.wesarg at igd.fraunhofer.de
http://www.igd.fhg.de/~swesarg/

phone:	+49 6151 - 155 511
fax:	+49 6151 - 155 480