[vtkusers] Question on vtkImplicitBoolean

Jean-Marie Normand normand at lina.univ-nantes.fr
Thu Nov 4 04:28:22 EST 2004

Hi,

I was wondering whether it was possible or not to obtain the Bounding
Box of an vtkImplicitBoolean that I don't want to display.

In fact I'd like VTK to perform some boolean operations on implicit
functions in a preprocess step and then retrieve the resulting function
+ its bounding box. I will need those informations afterwards in my app.

Moreover, I'd like to know if it's possible to detect when the result of
a boolean operation is composed of more than one connected component.

For example if I take the 2 polygons represented below, and I subtract
the one made of # to the other, the result will be made of 2 parts.

	     #####
	 ____#___#______
	|    #	 #	|
	|    #   #	|
	|    #	 #	|
	     #   #
 	     #####

The problem is that I'd like to perform boolean ops and I don't need to
visualize them, so I wonder if I will be able to get the infos I'm
needing.

Thanks in advance

Jim.