[vtkusers] Re: Any estimate on when VTK 5.0 will be available?

ursula.goette at philips.com ursula.goette at philips.com
Wed Nov 3 01:23:57 EST 2004

That's the answer I got on a mail I sent directly to kitware.

Ursula

----- Forwarded by Ursula Goette/BST/MS/PHILIPS on 11/03/2004 07:21 AM
-----

                                                   To:   Ursula Goette/BST/MS/PHILIPS at PHILIPS
                                                   cc:
                                                   Subject:    Re: New vtk release

               "Kitware (W.S.)"                    Classification:
               <kitware at kitware.com>

               10/25/2004 09:58 PM

Dear Ursula Kose-

The VTK 5.0 release is likely to arrive in about 3 months. The majority of
the work is done; we are doing much testing to insure quality. Some of the
features include:
+ new pipeline update mechanism
+ higher-order cell support (e.g., for finite element analysis)
+ some limited changes for information visualization
+ AMR (adaptive multiresolution grid) support

Will