[vtkusers] vtkVolumeProperty SetColor (bug report)

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Mon Nov 1 16:13:35 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug and it's been reported or not if it's a
bug.

While I design a GUI to let user choose between gray and color transfer
functions in volume raycasting the program crashed with segmentation
fault. I checked the vtkVolumeProperty.* and found that the MTime of gray
or color won't get updated if one uses the same vtkPiecewiseFunction (or
vtkColorTransferFunction) pointer as arg of SetColor even though the
transfer function object itself has changed (using AddPoints for example).

What puzzles me is that the program crashed as well if I create a new
vtkPiecewiseFunction (or vtkColorTransferFunction) each time I'm going to
change transfer function.

Am I use it in the way it is supported to.

Weiguang