[vtkusers] Please send me an runnable version about ‘AnnotatePick.java’example that had found in ij-plugins/VTK-Examples.

Savage sqsavage at tom.com
Mon Nov 1 10:26:54 EST 2004

Please do me a favor to send me an runnable example about ‘AnnotatePick.java’ that had found in ij-plugins/VTK-Examples.

If anyone has the version can run successfully(JBuilderX project best), please send me a copy to sqsavage at tom.com. Thanks a lot!

But please do not consider me a lazy boy. I had do everything I can on it. At least I had try my hard.

I download the ‘AnnotatePick.java’ from:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ij-plugins/VTK-Examples/Examples/Annotation/Java/AnnotatePick.java?rev=HEAD&view=auto

but I cannot run it in JBuilderX.

First, I had download the VTK-Examples_src_1.0.zip from
I unzipped it an put it in the directory: \VTKLearning\VTK-Examples, but I did not know how to add it to a JBuilderX project.( Is the process similar with the vtk.jar?)

Second, Because I did not hnow how to put the vtk.util in my project, I copy all the file to my project folder including VtkPanelContainer.java, VtkUtil.java, ImageViewerPanel.java, VtkColors.java and VtkPanelUtil.java. Then I modify the package sentence in every file.

Thrid, when I found the example needs vtkCanvas.java and vtkPanel.java, I download them too and modify the package sentence.

Last, an unfortunate thing happened. JBuilder told me she can not find the ‘RenderCreate’ method defined. This method’s definition in vtkPanel.java is the following:

protected vtkRenderWindow rw = new vtkRenderWindow();

It is a native method. So I guest it will be one of DLL files. Finally I found something in vtkRenderingJava.dll( using EXESCOPE.exe can watch the information of DLL file):

000004B1	10003E86	_Java_vtk_vtkPanel_RenderCreate at 12

Is that mean when I load the vtkRenderingJava.dll, I can load this method successfully? I had copy all the DLL files that lies in the directory ‘F:\VTKLearning\vtk42\bin’. And my JBuilder has successfully run another example ‘Cone’. I can see a Cone turning round and around in the screen, but this is my only harvest up to now.

So if anyone has a run-able version of about ‘AnnotatePick.java’, please send it to me. I want to know what is mistake I make eagerly. Thanks in advance.