[vtkusers] connected components

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri May 28 12:23:12 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a 3D body (the teepot, you all know it) and cut it with a
horizontal plane.
I collect the slice in a vtkPolyData. I expect it to be a polygonal
line, not necessarily
connected.

I need to extract the connected components of this polygonal line, as
they are in the
graph of cells.

Right now I use the usual algorithm for extracting connected components from
this graph. Somehow this gives a bit too many connected components
(some of them are edges - with two points!), so I suspect that either my
implementation
of that algorithm is bad, or I missed something from the specifications
of datasets.

Is there an easy way to do this? What does GetPiece do? Why would it
return an int?!?

Petru