[vtkusers] Resolving coincident faces - linear & quadratic quarilaterals

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Wed May 26 18:35:10 EDT 2004

Hi Users,

I am still looking for ideas on how to ensure that 2-d cell faces
coincident with 3-d cell faces (sharing the same point id's) are always
displayed and not hidden by the 3-d cell face.

I noticed that when quadratic quadrilaterals/triangles are connected to
quadratic hexahedrons/pentahedrons, the 2-d cells are always shown. But
this is not the case with linear cells (quadrilaterals or triangles).
This blew my theory that the behaviour was due to the triangulation of
the quadratic faces.

Can anybody help me here or is it more likely that this is just a
feature of my test geometry?

Many thanks.

John.