[vtkusers] how to integrate VTK in MFC without using CMake?

paulus joo paulusjoo at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 12:30:12 EDT 2004

Hi All,

First, sorry for my poor English....:)
Is this milist the right place for beginner ? If so I hope you like to help me to overcome my problem?

Currently I work in Windows XP environment with MS Visual C++ 6.0 (MFC). I installed VTK 4.2 (latest released) and can run the the example for MFC (vtkSDI and vtkMDI). I also read the explanation from Andrew J.P.Maclean. Here are my problems.
1. In SDI_Instruction.chm file, Adrew suggest us to use CMake to build a project, but the example he wrote there is a step to use MFC App Wizard to create project. This means that this project will be overwritten by the project created by CMake. Is it correct ? I hope I am wrong ...:)
2. I cannot find the documentation about how to integrate VTK in MFC without using CMake. So, I conclude that the project file must be derived by CMake. Is it correct or not?  If so, how can I jump to certain class in Class View tab like I did before in MSVC IDE ?
3. How can I get the whole source contained in this milist ?
4. Is there anyone who willing to share their small program that implement VTK & MFC for beginner or where can I find the source as a good start to learn?
5. Sometimes CMake stop working when trying to make a project file in "Compiling VTK loaded Command". What wrong with this?

Thanks in advance

Paulus