[vtkusers] get points in a volume

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Tue May 25 17:14:59 EDT 2004

Thomas,
  can you use vtkClipVolume with vtkPlanes? you can visualise and further
process the result but I am not sure if you can identify the actual points
(point ids) in the original data set easily...
Dave P

|         |           Thomas Faust     |
|         |           <tf at thermoanalyti|
|         |           cs.com>          |
|         |           vtkusers-bounces@|
|         |           vtk.org          |
|         |           25/05/2004 08:40 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       vtkusers at vtk.org                                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [vtkusers] get points in a volume                                                                              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi VTK Users (and math PhD's)

I'm looking for a computer graphic algorithm, that I need in VTK.

I'm rendering a volume that is created by vtkImageData. (To make it easy:
spacing is 1.0 in each direction and the origin is 0,0,0)

The algorithm that I need has to return all points (from vtkImageData) that

are inside a hexahedron.

Background: The user draws a rubberband rectangel on the screen. Depending
on
the projection mode, I end up with a 4 faced pyramid on perspective
projection or a cuboid in parallel projection. This volume gets cut by the
clipping planes.
I want to know, which points of the volume (vtkImageData) are laying in the

space the user selected.

I'm appreciate every help.
Thanks