[vtkusers] Re: Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0"

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue May 25 15:22:57 EDT 2004

If you install NVidia drivers, like I did, from NVidia.com, you don't need dri.
It should be commented of your XFree86 config file.
I have a Dell system, but I don't get my nvidia libs from Dell.  I have always gotten them from NVidia.

Do you have a copy of the opengl libs somewhere that your app happened to pick up before the nvidia ones?

Or, if you don't use the nvidia drivers, and want to use the ones that come with Redhat, you should check that
dri is loaded in your XFree86 config file.

Clint

Message: 2