[vtkusers] Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0"

Sambit Bhattacharya sbhatta at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue May 25 12:26:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,

My platform : RedHat Enterprise Linux version 3 release: 4.3.0-62.EL running
on a Dell Precision 650 with dual Xeon processors and NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000
video card. XFree86 version is 4.3.0 .

My problem : I think direct rendering may not be working. For example when
I run one of the examples under VolumeRendering, the rendering works but I
get the following message -
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

A similar problem was posted before but I think it was not resolved.
This is the url :
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-March/023064.html

I hope someone will be able to help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Sambit.