[vtkusers] VTK on AMD64 / x86_64

tom fogal tfogal at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Wed May 19 16:31:44 EDT 2004

I tried rebuilding, in a different directory than the source, the entire
VTK package.
I can't use 'ccmake' - it didn't build. There were no failures, it just
wasn't built when I made cmake; seemed like it wasn't even configured.
I chalked it up to it not being supported on 64bit platforms.
'cmake -i' works well.

The new build of VTK (with VTK_USE_RENDERING=OFF) built fine and didn't
require me to jump through any hoops. It had some warnings but they
seemed to be the same as in the builds whose logs I have posted.
'make Experimental' passes all 48 tests.
Good to know it works, but I'll need the renderer unfortunately.

I also tried building in a different directory than the source with
rendering enabled. I got the same 'missing -lGL' problem. I imagine
I would end up with the same TCL issue as well but I disabled TCL
for this build. This build crashes in the same place as my original
email mentioned.
'make Experimental' passes 30 out of 64 tests.

Thanks,

-tom