[vtkusers] Interesting feature of the GUI

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed May 19 05:13:40 EDT 2004

Is it possible to display more than one window using vtk?

More exactly: I have a few objects (3D models and images)
and I want each of them displayed in a separate window
(I am working in Windows XP).

So whenever there is something to display, my program calls a function
that creates the rendering stuff and renders, and starts an
interactor.

The program computes first the objects to be displayed, and
after all is ready it displays them, using the function described
above.

What happens is interesting. Only the window with the
first object is displayed. If I want to close it by clicking
the "Close" button of the window, the window with the
next object pops up! Next click on "Close" brings next
object, and so on, until all objects are displayed.

Why does this happen?

How can I have _all_ windows displayed from the very beginning?

Petru