[vtkusers] How to set the scalars of points which come from vtkSource class?

OrNot ornot at mailst.xjtu.edu.cn
Tue May 18 10:41:41 EDT 2004

hi,all:
   I have a problem when I programmed with the vtkSource class.
   I wanted to produce a simple cube from vtkCubeSource and
then insert the scalars to its 8 points. It seems easy like
this:

   vtkCubeSource  *cube=vtkCubeSource::New();

   for (int i=0; i<8; i++) scalarstemp->InsertTuple1(i,i);
   cube->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->SetScalars(scalarstemp);
   scalarstemp->Delete();

 But the codes always work not well.The method setscalars failed to set
the scalars.

 Need your help.
 Thank you in advance.

                         OrNot