[vtkusers] problems wrapping java in macosx 10.2.8

Albert albert at pensament.net
Tue May 18 03:33:38 EDT 2004

Hi listers,

I can't find anywhere which are the java system requirements for
wrapping java. So far I've found that version 4.4 compiles and runs
about ok with java 1.3.1, but latest cvs (20040517) version does not:
it requires at least 1.4.1, and maybe higher.
Does anybody have information on that?

Also, has anybody tried to build this latest version in a macosx 10.2.8
? I tried both:
-  1.3.1 complains about missing jawt.h and jawt_md.h , which are only
at the 1.4.1/Headers/ folder.
- 1.4.1 complains about missing all jni related headers (which are only
under 1.3.1/Headers/ folder).

Has anybody tried to combine both folders, or iis it a stupid idea?

Thank you.

Albert Cardona
Department of Genetics
University of Barcelona