[vtkusers] Installation Issues

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Mon May 17 14:29:14 EDT 2004

Hi Azzari

First of all, I was trying to build vtk on Xwindows .Net 7 and I found
it unsuccessful ( still not sure why) so I went back to python 2.2 and
things went fine,

second, the error about vtkCommonPython means
1) either you have built this module but have not set your environment
variables correctly, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHONPATH etc, so search for it
and make sure it is somewhere in your system.

2) or you have not built it at all even though your environment
variables are set correctly, in that case, make sure you turn wrapping
python on (through cmake) and rebuild.

HTH

Leila